Resources for High School
The North Carolina Collaborative for Mathematics Learning (NC2ML) aims to support NC math educators in implementing the revised mathematics content standards in ways that align with what we know from research on students’ mathematical thinking, mathematics teaching, and teacher learning. To do so, we have co-designed research-based professional learning resources focused on content and pedagogy.
North Carolina 4th Math Courses Statewide Curriculum Writing Project
New standards for 4th level mathematics courses have been adopted for implementation in the 2020-21 school year. Instructional Frameworks have been written to give guidance to the sequencing of standards into units for our three 4th level math courses: Discrete Math for Computer Science, NC Math 4, and Precalculus. These frameworks also help teachers make sense of the intent behind the standards for 4th level courses and include a beginning pool of resources. Groups of math specialists and teachers from across the state have taken these Instructional Frameworks and created unit and lesson resources for teachers across the state to access to support implementation of NC Math 4 and the new content in Discrete Math for Computer Science.
Below are links to these resources. We ask that you share them with teachers and content specialists only. If you have any feedback regarding these materials please enter it in this form.
- Hunter Allen, Math Teacher, Polk County High School, Polk Co.
- Linda Ammons, Math Teacher, Madison Early College, Madison Co.
- Elizabeth Beckwith, Asheboro High School, Asheboro City Schools
- Denise Bottoms, Math Teacher, Enka High School, Buncombe Co.
- Marion Buchheit, Math Teacher and Digital Learning Coach, McMichael High School, Rockingham County Schools
- Aletta Burton, Mathematics Instructor, Wayne Co.
- Kathryn B. Ebert, Math Teacher, Jones Senior High
- Bailey E. Hall, Mathematics Teacher
- Adria Hardy, Math Teacher, Brevard High School, Transylvania Co.
- Emily Hare, Mathematics Specialist, Randolph County Schools
- Charly Inman, Instructional Facilitator, Pisgah High School, Haywood Co.
- Erica LaRue, Randleman High School, Randolph County Schools
- Carla Layno, Teacher, Cherokee High School, Cherokee Central Schools
- Kim Marshburn, Teacher, Duplin Co.
- Donal McRoy, Math Teacher, Southwest Randolph High School, Randolph County Schools
- Lucy Melby, Teacher, Carteret Co.
- Summer Passmore, Math Teacher, Franklin High, Macon Co.
- Regina Phillips, Math Teacher, TC Roberson HS, Buncombe Co.
- Martha Y. Ray, Secondary Mathematics Supervisor, Guilford County Schools
- Faith Stoker, Math Teacher, West Henderson High School, Henderson Co.
- Nina Sumpter, Math Teacher, Weaver Academy, Guilford County Schools
- Travis Weiland, Mathematics Professors, Appalachian State University
- Daron Williams, Math Teacher, Mountain Heritage High, Yancey Co.
- Emily Myers, Curriculum Director, Beaufort County Schools
- Hunter Martin, Math Teacher, Early College HS, Beaufort County
- Jennifer Brickhouse, Math Teacher, Columbia HS, Tyrell County
- Colby Riggins, Math Teacher, Riverside HS, Martin County
*we are compiling this list still – more names to come